February 25, 2016

Blonde Ambition Takes the Stage

The BIG weekend is finally almost here. On Sunday, I will compete alongside some of our state's most beautiful and accomplished women for the title of Mrs. Nevada-America 2016. Eeeek! 

When I signed up for this competition six months ago, I knew I would feel the excitement and jitters that I feel right now. Pageantry is much more than the wardrobe, putting in long hours at the gym and perfecting a runway walk - it's about being the best version of yourself, every day. It's about understanding that the crown and sash is so much more than that - it's a platform to gain awareness for charitable causes and be a role model to others in a very public forum. It's about heart, drive and determination. Am I ready to take this on? YES! I feel as though I have been preparing for this moment for my whole life. Experiences like watching my mom take on the role of Mrs. Oklahoma-America when I was little, to my professional life and marrying my best friend have led me to exactly the place I need to be in order to give it my all.

My friends have often asked me if I'm getting nervous now that the pageant is right around the corner. The truth is, I'm really not. I'm actually ecstatic! I am approaching this weekend as I would any other endeavor, with a positive attitude and a heart of gold. 

I think it is important in life to take a step out of your comfort zone and do something just for you. Life is too short to shy away from failure, or as I like to say: "FAIL: First Attempt In Learning." : )

Wish me luck!!

XOXO,
Lauren


No comments

Post a Comment


UP